You can use the Possum Master Trap in a variety of positions to suit every situation. It is safe to set and easy to clear.
- Ensure that the safety catch is in the SAFE position. This is an essential step to avoid premature release of the fly arm.
- Push the bait (for example, a small piece of apple or meat) onto the bait hook.
- Placing your thumb under the cord, apply pressure to the front of the trap. Be ready to push the fly arm over with the other hand.
- Push the fly arm down firmly. At the same time, pull the cord forwards with your thumb.
- The trigger will locate automatically and the safety catch will be on.
- Position the noose cord around the black plastic hooks.
- Before leaving, ensure that the safety catch is still in the SET position.
- To release the dead pest, follow steps 3 to 5.
Using the trap in a tree
Attach the trap to the tree using a nail with a small head. Secure the cord to the tree using a staple. The trap will lift off the tree and hang on the cord when the pest is caught.
Using the trap on the ground
Use pegs and/or the cord to secure the trap to the ground.